The current trends make us look for products that are as natural as possible, but also modern and timeless. This gave rise to the idea of creating a unique floorboard finished with high quality oil waxes. The oil impregnates the wood while giving the desired colour, whereas the wax forms a protective “film” on the surface. The in-factory application of subsequent colouring and protective coatings makes the floorboard finished with oil wax, contrary to the prevailing opinions on oiled floors, very easy to clean and maintain on a daily basis and, at the same time, very durable and warm to the touch.
For each of our products, the corresponding elements are selected individually in terms of their characteristic features so as to give the floor an original character, regardless of its colour. The applied four-sided chamfering adds lightness and optically lengthens the element. Each of our floors is always manufactured according to a customised order.
A floor finished with oil wax, like any other floor, has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Natural appearance – the oil highlights wood grains that becomes slightly darker and ages in a natural way over time.
- It is smooth, pleasant and warm to the touch
- Not allergenic
- Not electrostatic (attracts less dust)
- Less slippery compared to varnished floors
- Small scratches on the floor, which are completely eliminated during daily and periodical maintenance, are invisible.
- It is easier to perform spot repairs on the surface when large scratches occur.
- The necessity of periodic maintenance every few months, several months, depending on the wear and tear of the surface.
(This usually only applies to circulation paths.)
Every wooden floor requires the use of appropriate care products recommended by the manufacturer. The products should be purchased in stores selling wooden floors. Proper maintenance can extend the durability of your floor. We do not recommend the use of universal floor care chemicals available at chain stores since this will damage the coating and void the warranty.
Wood floors manufactured by PARKIET HAJNÓWKA are made exclusively from a natural raw material, and therefore individual floorboards may differ in ring pattern, shade, presence of knots, etc. This applies both to point-of-sale displays and to the photographs used in the company’s marketing materials.